Monday, December 7, 2020

Post 8: Privacy TED Talks

 Monday, December 7, 2020

Privacy TED Talks & Online Life 




I think before taking this class I had a solid understanding of the personal information that is collected from me on a daily basis while using the internet. Watching these videos though has opened my eyes even further to the horrifying truth of the amount of personal information that is collected by websites. 

It is honestly crazy to think about the amount of websites I have left a digital footprint on, and even scarier to imagine the type of information that they may have collected from even just a brief visit. I think that this opportunity to be reminded of the information that I am susceptible to share when venturing out into the internet. 

I do believe that we should have more regulations in place that are recognized by the public in order to understand the extent of our online footprint, and what we share with our so-called favorite companies. 


Sources: 
        https://www.ted.com/talks/juan_enriquez_your_online_life_permanent_as_a_tattoo

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 10: Final Post Assignment

 Monday, December 7, 2020 Final Assigned Post  Going into an in-depth analysis of media this semester and the impact that it can have on our...